Welcome to the last week of March - eek! Here are our updates and reminders for the week:
- Reading 60 minutes in French - please continue to be diligent reading at home as it has a huge impact on their success!
- Dreambox - students can continue to work on the assigned Multiplication and Division outcomes
- Math groups will be writing the Multplication and Division post-test near the end of the week. Please continue to practice multiplication facts.
- We will be enjoying a TNB production titled Damsel in Distress Wednesday - if you have not yet sent in your $2, please do so at your earliest convenience.
- We will be visiting the library Wednesday this week.
- A reminder that we are swimming Thursday. Students will need to remember their towels and bathing suits!
- We will have a quiz Friday to wrap up our Explorers units. Materials covered include examples of explorers past and present, examining motivatons for exploration and consequences of exploration.
- Report cards will be going home Monday, April 3rd and Student-Led Conferences will be held Monday, April 10th in both the morning and evening. If you have not yet sent in your form with your preferred time slots, please let me know ASAP!
- Mr. Meesters has been tweeting up a storm sharing positive things he has been observing in our classrooms. Feel free to follow @RienMeesters or check the PSS home page for the latest updates!
Enjoy your week!
Good evening families,
We hope you had a great week end. Here's what's up in our class this week...
Monday: we will continue to build our structures and then will start writing about them in an independent piece
Tuesday: structures test (name structures built by humans/animals, name
building materials, list the parts of a house (there is a word bank)
and name the 3 types of bridges (with word bank). We will send home
their black structures book so they can review
Wednesday: TNB in the morning (please send in $2) and our OPEN HOUSE at 11am...see you there!
Thursday: I am out in the morning but back at lunch
Friday: post-test for multiplication and division as well as pre-test for fractions
Dreambox - 30 minutes per week please to support our math learning
Reading - 1 small French book EACH night. Merci!
Please follow Mr. Meesters on Twitter!!
Yearbook orders are due March 30!
Have a great week!
Mme Aube et Mme MacDonald
Here are a few
reminders for this week in 3FIK!
We have a new Twitter
account that is found on the homepage of our school website - so please follow
The sign-up sheet for
student led conferences is being sent home. Please select a time that works
best for your child to share their work and speak French with you. These conferences will take place on April
10th in the morning and evening.
Yearbook orders are
due Thursday, March 30th.
Popcorn Wednesday -
Please send in money for Tuesday (this includes money for cards).
Please send in $2 for
the Theatre New Brunswick play, The Damsel in Distress, being presented to
students on Wednesday, March 29th if you have not already done so.
Math - We are coming
to the end of our multiplication and division unit. Please make sure that your
child is practicing their multiplication facts at home and encourage your child
to use Dreambox to strengthen their math skills.
Integrated Unit – We are finishing up this unit this week. Students have created their own structures
using recycled materials and will be describing these structures both orally
and in writing this week. I encourage
you to ask your child to explain the type of structure they have made and what
materials they used in the construction of their structure.
Reading - please make
sure that your child is reading in French each night (Reading aloud is a great
way to build fluency!) and practicing their high frequency words for a few
minutes each night (liste 2).
Have a great week!
The following are updates and reminders for this week: (March 27 – March 31)
- We have a new Twitter account that is found on the homepage of our school website - so please follow Mr. Meesters!
- The sign-up sheet for student led conferences was sent home last week. Please select a time that works best for your child to share their work and speak French with you. These conferences will take place on April 10th in the morning and evening.
- Yearbook orders are due Thursday, March 30th.
- Popcorn Wednesday - Please send in money for Tuesday (this includes money for cards).
- Please send in $2 for the Theatre New Brunswick play, The Damsel in Distress, being presented to students on Wednesday, March 29th if you have not already done so.
- Math - We are coming to the end of our multiplication and division unit. Please make sure that your child is practicing their multiplication facts at home and encourage your child to use Dreambox to strengthen their math skills.
- Science: Structures Integrated Unit – We are finishing up this unit this week. Students have created their own structures using recycled materials and will be describing these structures both orally and in writing this week. I encourage you to ask your child to explain the type of structure they have made and what materials they used in the construction of their structure.
- Reading - please make sure that your child is reading in French each night (Reading aloud is a great way to build fluency!) and practicing their high frequency words for a few minutes each night (liste 2).
Have a great week !
Math - Students will be having their Post-Multiplication/Division test on Monday and their Pre-Fractions test on Tuesday. Students should continue to work in Dreambox online while at home.
Language Arts/Literacy - Students should be reading at home or loging into RazKids.
Yearbook orders - The deadline for a yearbook order is the 30th of March. Order forms have been sent home with students. Two students from 5L won a yearbook each with their cover contest entry. Congrats!
Popcorn Wednesday - Please have your orders in this week as some cards and pre-orders have expired.
TNB - Theatre New Brunswick will be in the week and we're asking students to bring in 2 dollars each.
Snider Mountain - Please send in the registration forms with your child and please contact me if you would like to make payment intalments.
Backpacks/book bags - Please go through your child's bookbags as notices and forms can sometimes linger in there.
Last week 5L managed to raise approximately 20 more dollars for the children of Skateistan. I'll post about our new totals this week.
I hope you all had a great week, and here are you updates for this week:
- We have a new Twitter account that is found on the homepage - so please follow Mr. Mister's!
- Report Cards - I am sending home the sign up sheet for student led conferences on Monday. I would really love it if all of you could make it in to see all the hard work your children have been doing!
- Year Book orders - orders are due March 30th
- Scholastics - please send in orders for April 7th
- Snider Mountain - Please let me know if you have any questions regarding payment installments
- Popcorn Wednesday - Please send in money for Tuesday (this includes money for cards)
- Math - We are coming to the end of our multiplication and division unit. Please make sure that your child is practicing their math facts up to 12 x 12. Also, please practice their division strategies!
- Literacy - We will be finishing our Water Cycle writing piece on Monday (hopefully!). We will also be continuing our learning on the Middle Ages. We will be learning about castles and why they were so unique and important during the Middle Ages. For art, we will be constructing our own castles from recycles toilet paper and paper towel rolls. If you wouldn't mind sending some rolls in, that would be great!
- Reading - please make sure that your child is reading at least 15 minutes a night.
Hello families, There have been numerous cases of head lice reported and found in various classrooms in our school. We ask that you please be diligent in checking your children's heads daily over the next number of weeks. Please refer to our documents section for more information on how to treat head lice. There are also many websites that have great information and tips. Thank you for your cooperation.
We have decided to go to Mactaquac tomorrow even if it's going to be a little cold. If we get to school in the morning and the weather changes, we will decide to change it then.
Please dress your child warmly for this outing: snow pants, coat, mittens, hat, boots, extra socks, etc...
Do not send in any money for lunch and pack extra snacks and drinks. We leave here at 9:00 and we come back for 1;30. They may also bring a crazy carper or sled.
It should be fun!
Here are a few reminders for this week (March 20 - March 24):
Math Groups – We are still working on division in our math groups and encourage students to continue practicing multiplication facts at home! Students are also encouraged to use Dreambox at home to strengthen their math skills.
Nightly Reading and High Frequency Words - Students are encouraged to read their book aloud and to do a quick retell in their own words. Students are also encouraged to take a few minutes to practice the high frequency words on “liste 2”. We have reviewed the first 40 words of this list.
La semaine de la fierté française – Monday French Immersion students will learn about and celebrate French culture through dance, art, music, literacy, etc. We will also be sharing a French activity as a class with a kindergarten and a grade 2 class later this week.
Student-Led Conferences will be held Monday, April 10th. A form will be sent home this week to allow you to indicate your preferred time.
A reminder that we are asking for $2 per student for the TNB production next week.
We are continuing our structures unit and ask that you continue to collect any recyclables (tubes, small boxes etc.) that our students will be able to use to build their own structures. This will be the culminating project for our structures unit. Students will design and build a house, a skyscraper, a tower, a restaurant, a hotel or any other structure that they are interested in.
Have a great week!
Wow, this year is going by so fast! We only have about 3 months (64 days) left. We still need to give a 100%. The students have a few months to get ready for a new adventure next year. With everybody’s help they can be ready. It’s important that they learn how to make a schedule for homework themselves. Next year, they will have more projects and deadlines. It’s important that they take responsibility for their education. Their success next year depends on it.
Mactaquac: We have reschedule the outing to Mactaquac for this coming Thursday, March 23rd. If any parents are able to come just let me know. (I know this is short notice) We would only need one more adult since there is myself and my intern.
Math: We will be finishing the multiplication and division unit in the next 2 weeks. It’s very important that your child knows his/her multiplication times table to 12 X 12. If they still need practice, please make the time for this. The next unit will be fractions.
Literacy: In writing, we will be writing information text. In reading, the students have to be at an independent M level at the end of the school year in order to be successful in grade 6. Once they are in middle school the students are expected to be able to read anything in all different subjects. You can help your child by encouraging him/her to read at least 15-20 min. /5 times a week. Without practice some students won’t be able to reach this goal by June. Please make sure to sign your child’s agenda every night.
Science: We are starting to learn about the Human Body and its systems.
Snider Mountain: I’m still missing a few permission slips (Tyler, Liam and Aaron). Please don’t forget that you can send in money in increments or in full for the amount of the camp until the week of May 12.
Finally, we have a new intern in our classroom until the beginning of May. Her name is Mme Caravan. Hoping you get to meet her during student led conferences in April. She will be taking over the teaching during the next few weeks with my guidance and support.
Merci, Mme Turbide