The objective of the Facilities Department Administrative TEAM, Custodial TEAM and Maintenance Personnel TEAM is to provide students, teachers, and support personnel with a high quality learning and working environment.
A school facility conducive to learning requires a high standard of cleanliness, timely scheduled maintenance, and dedicated maintenance personnel to make our buildings a safe, clean, appealing, environment in which to learn, work or visit.
The key areas of responsibility for the Facilities Department are...
- to ensure professional and scheduled maintenance is carried out in all schools and that all schools are being effectively and efficiently cleaned;
- to implement fire and emergency plans in each school;
- to maintain and maximize community use of schools and to develop reciprocal agreements with municipalities and other community groups;
- to respond quickly to emergency requests on a daily basis;
- to ensure appropriate delivery of supplies and services to schools;
- maintain a well-trained staff of maintenance and custodial staff;
- ensure facility planning is current with instructional program requirements;
- maintain accurate capital improvements and major repair lists;
- link with unions, provincial departments, municipal departments, school and parent groups and budget administration.
For general inquiries please contact the Facilities department at (506) 856-3611
Candace Scott, CET