Grade 12 students registered to take the AP exams in May (or June) must read
through the Testing Guide information in preparation for their exam. The
checklist is also very helpful for exam day. Printed copies of the checklist will
be available at the main door when students come to retrieve their belongings
from school next week. We wish our students the best of luck writing these
How to Prepare Your Students for
the 2020 AP Exams
Additional information is now available to help you guide your students through the AP® Exam day experience. New Resources • 2020 AP Testing Guide (.pdf/10.9 MB): The guide, designed for educators to walk their students through test day, provides information about:
◦ The AP Exam e-ticket ◦ Five steps to take before test day ◦ Understanding the test day experience ◦ Exam scores, credit, and placement
• 2020 AP Exam Day Checklist (.pdf/526 KB): Teachers should have their students complete this checklist for each exam they take and keep it next to them while testing.
• Explainer Videos: New videos are available to give students quick, easily accessible information about their test day experience, what they need to do to prepare, exam security, and more. Explore the playlist.
Other Reminders • AP Exam Demo (available May 4): AP students should use the clickable exam demo to practice the different ways to submit their exam responses. The demo will help students confirm that their testing device will be able to access and run the online exam. If they can’t access the demo, the final slide of the Testing Guide can help them troubleshoot. The sample content in the demo will be the same for all users and isn't a practice exam. We’ll send educators and students an email to remind them when the demo is available. Please encourage your students to take this important preparation step.
• Online AP Classes and Review Sessions prep week: The week before exams, online AP classes will focus on the exam day experience and sample exam questions.
• Student Outreach:
◦ If you have any difficulty reaching your students, use your student roster in My AP to access email addresses and phone numbers. ◦ If any of your students are having difficulty receiving College Board emails, walk them through the steps on the "Confirm your email address" page