Good evening and welcome to the 2017-18 school year! Here are a few announcements to start the week. I apologize for the length of this talk mail but it includes the details for the first week of school.
Important: if you are receiving this message you are registered at Moncton High School. If for some reason you plan on attending another school, have moved over the summer, or you do not intend on returning this semester you must contact the school at 856-3439 to ensure all files and forms are complete. You will receive the school messages until you are withdrawn. Feel free to leave a message stating your full name grade and what your situation.
1. Tuesday is for grade 9 students and visiting exchange students only please bring a lunch as the cafeteria will be open on a limited capacity. When you come to the school please enter the cafeteria and check the list on the wall for your homeroom number. All grades will attend on Wednesday with the same process. School begins at 8:55 and ends at 3:45.
2. If you are unsure of your transportation to and from school please use the School and Bus locator on the Anglophone East School District website. All busing is arranged by the school district. https://bp.nbed.nb.ca/asde/Eligibility.aspx?Page=Transportation
3. Due to many of the classes at MHS being full, it is very important that you let your homeroom teacher know if you are going to miss time to avoid your schedule being removed to make room for another student that wishes to take a certain class. Students that are no shows will have their schedules removed beginning on Friday this is important for equal access to classes. The MHS exemption and academic responsibility policies begins on day one and includes homeroom attendance.
4. Course verification sheets were send home in the spring and course changes will be done based on graduation requirements. Grade 9 and 10 students have most of their courses set for them by the province and are unable to make changes.
5. Grad shirts will be available for purchase this week and the grade 9’s will receive their first purple shirt on Tuesday. There are limited quantities so get them quick. They are $10.00 each. You can customize your own MHS School clothing through http://monctonhighschool.entripyshops.com and have it mailed directly to your home free of charge. Enter code ENTRIPYSHOPS10 to save 10% on your first order.
6. Student fee will be $50.00 this year. This can be paid online through school cash online or at the main office. There is an ATM in the cafeteria if you require one.
Tryouts and Practices – please check outside the gymnasium for all updated practice and tryouts. Please bring all required equipment.
• Girls’ JV and SR Soccer - Wednesday.
• Girls’ Field Hockey - Wednesday
• Baseball – Thursday
• Boys’ Soccer – Thursday
• Cheer Team – Thursday
• Football Initiation for MHS students in grade 9 or 10 at MHS. The Fun day will be Thursday Sept 7th on the MHS field 4-5 pm. Parents are encouraged to pick up their child at 5pm and speak with a coach about how to register and proceed. This opportunity is for boys and girls. Please wear shorts and sneakers and come out and have some football fun.
• First Grad Blood Drive – September 15th
Enjoy your Labour day Purple Knights, and we will see you on Tuesday or Wednesday.