Moncton High > Talk Mail
This section will be used to store the School Connects messages sent from the School
Please see the attached letter regarding the 2018-2019 Professional Learning Days with attached 2018-2019 School Calendar
We have a few extra yearbooks available for purchase at this time. They are $65 each for anyone interested in purchasing their own copy.
For more information call 856-3439 or email email@example.com
The yearbooks have arrived. If your child has ordered a yearbook, please ask them to go to room 3044 to pick up their copy. Also, we have few extra yearbooks for sale. If someone wishes to purchase one, they can see Mrs. Robichaud in room 3044.
Please see the attached sheet from our International Program at MHS as we begin our home stay process.
Dear parents and students of MHS,
We are currently looking for host families for next year. There are a number of visiting international students coming to MHS for a full year or for first or second term. Host families provide a home for these student (own bedroom. Food, internet service Wi-Fi among others). To help in their placement we feel that being in a host family that has a child of their own in a school activity that matches up with potential international student’s interest is what we call a BEST MATCH. We hope that you may be interested and to help in your decision making we have the following student profiles coming in. Host families are compensated with an allowance of $700 per month to help defray the cost of hosting these students however please note that they will bring their culture to your family and life ling bonds will be established. This program has been so successful that it grows each year, but more Host families are needed to meet the demand for placement her in New Brunswick and more specifically at Moncton High School.
Please see the attached letter from the home stay coordinator.
MHS Announcements for May 16, 2018
- Nifty Fifties drama production is taking place tonight and on Thursday at 6:30. Tickets are $10 for adults, and $5 for students.
- Reminders that Friday is a Professional Learning day and Monday is a Holiday.
- Please ensure that you have started returning all books to the library and to your subject teacher to avoid paying for them in June.
- School fees can be paid at any point at the main office.
- Grad fees are due on June 1 payable to the main office at MHS.
- There are three weeks left in school until exams, make sure that you are getting all of your work handed in as June 8th is the cut off for work.
- Extra Prom/Safe Grad info sheets are available at the main office if you lost your copy.
This is Superintendent, Gregg Ingersoll inviting you to an exciting event taking place this week.
In Partnership with the Canadian Mental Health Association, Atlantic Wellness Centre and Department of Social Development-Wellness Branch, Anglophone East School District is hosting our eighth Annual Mental Health Symposium at Bernice MacNaughton High School on Thursday, May 10th from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The theme, “Empower Your Inner Connection”, encourages our students and our community to find healthy and productive mechanisms for coping with everyday stress and anxiety.
The Symposium is an educational evening featuring presentations from students in each of our nine high schools showcasing the positive mental health initiatives stemming from the Youth Mental Health Summit held in the fall they have made reality in their school communities over the year.
There will also be a Youth Voice component, where students will discuss topics of interest bubbling up in each of their schools with a panel of mental health professionals.
For more information, contact our Community Engagement Coordinator, Heather Stordy at 869-6004.
Announcements from Moncton High for April 8th.
1. Parent Teacher Interviews are happening this Thursday from 530-800, and again on Friday 900-1130. Please bring a copy of your child's schedule. You do not need an appointment.
2. Report Cards will go home with students on Thursday.
3. Dragon Boat forms are due to the office by Tuesday. We currently have 118 people registered. We will form the teams this week, and begin our final round of fundraising with an online fundraiser in May. If you have anything that you wish to donate for an auction please drop it off at the main office. All money raised goes to the Lion's Sick Children's Fund.
4. Congratulations to Mme Paquet's classes that finished first in Atlantic Canada for Classroom of the Future, as well as those grade 9 students that competed in the Pascal Math Competition as we finished first in the region.
5. If you did not return your course verification sheets for September you must do so on Monday. This is a double check of your selections. If you have questions about courses feel free to stop in and see our guidance department on Thursday or Friday morning.
There has been information circling on social media alluding to a threat of an event to happen on April 6th. RCMP have investigated and concluded this is a low level threat. Anglophone East is fully collaborating with RCMP in this matter.
We understand that these messages can trigger emotions for parents and students.
Please be assured that the Anglophone East School District takes this seriously and the safety of our staff and students is our first priority.
Schools are open today and are following standard safety protocol
Final announcement to order yearbooks. The deadline is this Friday. We will be selling Tuesday and Thursday of this week, and you may also order your yearbook through Jostens.com
Be aware that we are not ordering any extra yearbooks to sell in June.
The deadline to order a yearbook is on February 23rd which is fast approaching. There will be no extra copies available for purchase at the end of the year. Don't miss out and be sure to order your copy now. Yearbook members will be setup in front of the library during lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The price is now $60. You may also order your copy through Jostens.com or on the school's website through school cash.
If you have any questions concerning yearbook please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org