SAVE THE DATE! On Saturday, April 22nd, the Friends of the Harrison Trimble Trojans are hosting their 22nd annual fundraising event. This year the night includes a wine tasting, live band and auction for all to enjoy!
All money raised is used for student activities, teaching support, equipment, bursaries, Woody Hayes Community Field, breakfast programs and many other initiatives.
Please join them on April 22nd at the "WINES OF THE WORLD TOUR & AUCTION" at Harrison Trimble High School 7pm -12:30am. Doors open at 6:45pm, wine tasting at 7:00, with live and silent auction and live band to follow.
Hurry....tickets are limited and selling fast!
They can be purchased through all members of the Friends of the Trojans committee, at the HTHS office during regular school hours, through cash online or message the Friends through their Facebook page.
Tickets are $20 each and include a wine tasting of 8 pre-selected wines from 4 countries.
Friends of the Trojans and HTHS look forward to your support of this great event.
Please join us as we support the Trojans!
Our district office has just announced that all after school activities, including Sistema, are cancelled for today.
This message is a reminder that Queen Elizabeth School will be hosting our Welcome to Kindergarten event this Thursday, March 16 from 2:45 to 3:45 p.m.
We will be handing out the Kindergarten welcome bags at this event so please plan to attend with your child.
See you Thursday.
Tomorrow is pink day at QES. Take a stand against bullying by having your child wear something pink to school on Wednesday, Feb. 22.
Friday, Feb. 24 there will be no school for students as it is a professional learning day for teachers.
Friday, March 3 is popcorn day ($1 per bag sold at recess). It is also the last day before March Break.
Have a great week!
Bus 111 is having mechanical issues and will be one hour late picking students up this afternoon. Students will be waiting for the bus in the gym.
1. Tomorrow is family literacy day. The K-2 team invites parents, guardians and family members to join us in celebrating Family literacy day tomorrow afternoon from 1:00-1:30pm. Families will be invited into classrooms to read with students.
2. Recorder notice was sent home with students in grades 3-5. Recorders are $5.00 and payment is required on or before January 31. Payments can be made online through School Cash online or cash sent in with your child in an envelope labeled with your child’s name. Exact change only.
3. All students are asked to support the ROCKSTARS, our student leadership group, in raising money for the Friends of the Moncton Hospital radiothon. Next week the ROCKSTARs will host theme days each day. A notice was sent home with students on Monday and details are posted on our school website. We would like to invite students to help us support the Radiothon by participating in “theme days.” We ask that students contribute a minimum of $1.00 to participate in each theme day (or $4.00 for all 5 days). Money can be sent in with your child each day, as a lump sum, or payment made on School Cash Online https://district2.schoolcashonline.com/. Should you wish to contribute more money, all donations will be accepted! Monday will be pajama day!!! Our goal is to raise $400 as a school; $1.00 for every person in our building! The ROCKSTARs will be around to collect donations each morning. All students who participate will receive a ballot for daily prize draws.
4. Newsletters for February will be sent home next Wednesday. Please check your child’s bookbag to see all the upcoming events and news for February!
5. Tomorrow is popcorn day. All bags are $1.00 and it will be sold during the morning recess.
Good morning Queen Elizabeth school parents,
Please note that the school is in the boil order zone. Staff and students have been instructed not to drink the water from faucets and fountains. All fountains have been covered to ensure your children's safety. Water coolers and water bottles are being delivered this morning by the district Facilities department. It is safe to wash hands with soap and warm water.
Thursday, Dec. 22 is pyjama day for grades K - 2.
Friday, Dec. 23 is red and green and holiday sweater day for all students and staff.
Bus and day care students will be picked up at 11:30 on Friday. Walking students will be dismissed at 11:45.
Merry Christmas to all! See you on the 10th of January!
Items to be aware of this week:
1. Popcorn sale Tuesday, Dec. 20. All bags are $1.00
2. There will be NO breakfast club on Friday.
3. Cafeteria will be open for lunch until Thursday, but NOT Friday, Dec. 23.
4. Students return to school on Tuesday, January 10 after the Christmas Break.
5. Children entering into grade 1, 3 or 6 next year must have their program choice completed online by tomorrow, December 20.
Friday, December 23 will be a half day for students.
Bus students (including daycare buses) will be picked up at 11:30. Please ensure that someone is at the bus stop to meet each K-2 student when they are arriving home at this early time.
All walking students will be dismissed at 11:50 - when the lunch bell rings. Please pick your children up in their usual spot at this time.
Also, just a quick reminder for grades K, 2 and 5 to choose your programs (French Immersion or English) for next year and complete the registration forms online.
A few reminders:
1. Holiday concert is tonight at 6:30 at Harrison Trimble High School. Performers in the concert need to be there between 6:00 and 6:15.
2. Tomorrow (Wednesday) is turkey dinner at the cafeteria for those who had ordered and paid by Dec. 9th. There will be no other menu items available tomorrow, so if students are not getting turkey dinner, they will need to bring their own lunch.
3. Santa Shop is open and available for kids to do some holiday shopping today and Wednesday. Home and School is putting this on, so you may find more information on their Facebook page.
4. There will be a popcorn sale at recess and lunch this Friday, Dec. 16. All bags of popcorn are $1.00. Money raised goes to help fund our grade 8 year end activities.
Cookie Dough has arrived for those who placed orders for it.
Please note: The pick up times listed on the QE Home and School Facebook page have changed. Brenda Wilson from our Home and School will meet you at the shed just inside the QE driveway to distribute the cookie dough at the following times:
Wednesday, Dec. 7 (today) from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 8 (tomorrow) from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m.
If you have any issues regarding the cookie dough pickup times, please call Brenda Wilson at 871-7431
This is a reminder that EYEDA testing will be taking place tomorrow (Friday) at Queen Elizabeth School for all new kindergarten students that were given an appointment when they registered at the school. Check your green folder (or wherever you may have recorded it) for the time of your appointment.
Dear parents and Guardians,
Today, your child will be bringing home 20 tickets (2 booklets of 10) to sell for a gift card raffle that will be drawn on Tuesday, December 20th. Tickets are sold at $2 each or 3 tickets for $5. If each student sell their 20 tickets, they will bring in between $30 and $40 each which could bring in up to $1200 or more with this fundraiser. If students sell their 20 tickets, they can get more when they bring in the money.
To make sure we keep track of tickets and money raised, all tickets are numbered and assigned to students. By December 19th, all monies and tickets need to be returned to the school.
Please keep bringing the gift cards. Attached is a copy of a letter you can use to contact businesses and get donations.
The Grade 8 Team
The grade 8 parent committee is seeking donations of $10 Gift Cards (any retailer/restaurant) from as many grade 8 students as possible. The gift cards will be put on a gift card tree and tickets will be sold to raise money for grade 8 activities. Gift cards can be turned in to Mme. Odette LeBlanc at Queen E.
Also, Tracey Swansburg has only received a few email addresses from grade 8 parents. If you haven't yet done so, please send Tracey an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org so she will be able to include all grade 8 parents in any communications that are sent out.
This message is being sent to parents/guardians of all grade K, grade 2 and grade 5 (English) students. Please note the attachments included with this email will be sent home with your child next week.
Information Nights, regarding program selection (English or French Immersion) for September 2017, will be held at various locations beginning next week - you will see the schedule and location of these meetings in one of the attached documents.
All parents will be asked to register students later this month for either the French Immersion Program or the English Program for Grades 1, 3 and 6. Note: Late French Immersion is not offered at Queen Elizabeth School. Students entering Late Immersion in grade 6 will be bussed from Queen E to Birchmount School for that program.
You will need to register your child in either English or French - so if they are in English this year and you decide they will continue in English, you will still be required to complete a registration form online.
The registrations will be done electronically through a link on the Anglophone East web site. This link will be provided to you next week. There will be no paper registration forms at the school. If a parent does not have access to a computer, they will be asked to contact Cindy Mitton (506-364-4785) to complete the registration. Collect calls will be accepted.
This email is basically a "heads up" message to alert you to the information in the enclosed documents and make you aware that more information will be arriving home with your child next week. Stay tuned and have a great night!
Good afternoon QE families,
Please note that all money and pledge forms for our walk a thon are due tomorrow! Thanks for your support in our fundraiser. To date, QE students have raised $6702.00. Students have earned a game afternoon that will happen Friday afternoon. After collection tomorrow, if students have raised $7500 they will earn a movie matinee! The walk a thon is scheduled for Friday morning at 10:15am. Students are invited to dress up in their favourite costume, sport crazy hair, dress like someone else, wear a favorite team jersey or uniform. NO masks or weapons permitted. Families are welcome to join us for the event.
Please note that due to forecasted rain, the walk a thon may have to be postponed once again. A decision will be made tomorrow morning and communicated to students and families.
All parents are invited to attend our numeracy night with Mr. Ivey, tomorrow from 6:30-8pm in room 220. The focus of the session is Addition Facts.
Thursday there is a costume middle school dance for students in grades 6-8 from 6:30-8pm. Canteen services will be available. Cost is 1.00 without student ID and free with student ID. Parents please be at the school at 8pm for student pick up.
Dear parents and guardians,
At last week’s parent meeting, Tracey Swansburg graciously volunteered to be the parent contact for the fundraising for the grade 8 end of year activities. She would like to create an email distribution list of grade 8 parents. If you would like to be part of this distribution list, please email her at email@example.com .
If you have any questions about the end of year activities, please don’t hesitate to contact any one of us.
The grade 8 team,
Picture Day is tomorrow, Tuesday, October 18. See tips for Picture Day at lifetouch.ca.
Remember the costumed Walk-a-thon is taking place this Friday, October 21. Be sure to collect your pledges and send the money in on collection days. We need to put a big push on if we hope to reach our $10,000 goal again this year.
Safe Arrival is now officially up and running. Please call 856-3673 before 9:00 a.m. each day that your child is late or absent. Be sure to speak clearly as some of the messages we hear are very hard to decipher, leave the date, your child's name, homeroom teacher and reason for absence.
Thanks for your attention to these items. Have a great night!
Hello Queen E families,
As per the notice sent home last week, we will be having a Lockdown Drill on Friday at 10:30. If you did not see this notice, it is also located under the documents section of our website and if you receive this in the form of an email, it is also attached. Thank you for having a conversation with your child about the importance of being prepared in the unlikely event of an emergency.
Thank you and have a good evening.
Just a quick reminder that tomorrow is our first collection day for the Queen Elizabeth School Walk-a-thon fundraiser. Be sure students bring in any collected pledges with them in the morning. Continue collecting pledges this week so we can be sure to meet our goal of $10,000!
A few reminders from Queen Elizabeth School before the long weekend:
1. We have sent home a very important document about hold and secure and lockdown procedures for our school. This is on gold colored paper. Please look for this today in your child's backpack and be sure to read it thoroughly so that you understand our procedures in case of this type of emergency. Staff and students at our school will be participating in a lockdown drill next Friday, October 14th.
2. Reminder that there is no school for students this Thursday and Friday due to professional development for teachers and staff. Monday is a statutory holiday for Thanksgiving. So, after this Wednesday, we will see students again next Tuesday, October 11th.
3. The kick-off to our annual walk-a-thon fundraiser is tomorrow, so we would like our students to get as many pledges as they can over the long weekend. The first pledge collection day will be next Tuesday, October 11 in the morning. Please return all collected pledges on Tuesday. Our goal is $10,000. And we know we can beat that with everyone's help!
To all Queen Elizabeth parents and guardians:
Long blue student data sheets are being sent home with all students today. Please check your child's backpack for these today and update any information that has changed on these sheets. They need to be signed and returned to the homeroom teacher by this Friday, September 30. It is very important that the school have accurate contact information as this ensures we will be able to contact you in the event of an emergency and the teachers will be able to reach you to discuss your child's progress.
Tuesday, September 27th - the first Home and School meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. in the staff room. This is a great time to learn about opportunities available to parents and to become involved in making your child's school an even better place to be. All parents and guardians are welcomed and encouraged to attend this meeting.
Wednesday, September 28th - All parents are welcome to come to Meet the Teacher night beginning promptly at 6:30 in the gym. There will be a BBQ for parents at 5:30. We hope to see you all there.
Happy Thursday Queen E families,
Parents are reminded to return all school forms as soon as possible. The $10.00 school fee can also be conveniently paid online. Please visit our school or district website to do so.
The H&S Friday night sports night begins tomorrow. Please see the September Newsletter which went home earlier this week for details. You can also access the newsletter in our website and if you are receiving this in the form of an email it is attached.
Thank you and have a good evening!
Hello Queen Elizabeth families!
We hope you have all had a lovely summer and are ready for back to school! We look forward to seeing our returning students and welcoming our new additions to Queen E! Please note that everyone will be on the playground until 8:15 on Tuesday morning. There will be staff and grade 8 students walking around with clip boards to help students determine which homerooms they belong to. Homeroom teachers will be outside at 8:15 to welcome their students into the school. Parents, please anticipate some home fun to complete with your child next week! In addition to the forms that require your attention, you can pay the $10 student fee online using school cash net on the district or school website. Attention to all ROCKSTARs, please check in with Mrs. Edison upon arrival at the school on Tuesday.
Enjoy the long weekend everybody and we will see you on Tuesday!
Well, our 2015-16 school year is nearly over. Please take note of all items in this email to ensure a smooth last couple of days. Also there is a message at the end of this email from the QES Home and School regarding summer soccer.
* There are still outstanding library books that must be returned before dismissal on Friday.
* School supplies lists for next year are available on our school website. Please visit: http://queenelizabeth.nbed.nb.ca and click on "Documents" to view the lists of supplies by grade.
* Friday, June 24th is a half day for students. Report cards will be handed out at 11:30; bus students will be dismissed at 11:45 when buses arrive; the remainder of students will be dismissed at 12:00 when the bus traffic has cleared.
* School resumes on Tuesday, September 6th. Breakfast club will begin during the second week of school.
* Students will continue to have access to Dreambox, Fastforward and Lexia programs over the summer. These are great resources for students to strengthen their academic skills while away from school.
* Thank you to everyone who has supported student learning at QE this year. We appreciate everyone who has volunteered at our school including chaperoning recent outings and events. Special thanks to Brenda Wilson and Heather Friars for all their work with the end of year activities for our grade 8 students.
Have a wonderful and safe summer. We will see you on September 6!! (see below)
QES Summer Soccer League
The QES Home and School is hosting a Summer Soccer League.
Where: Our school fields.
When: Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 starting June 29 and running until August 31.
Who can join: QES students between the ages of 6 and 10 (no previous soccer experience required).
What to bring: Sneakers or soccer shoes and shin guards.
How to Join: Email Coach Jon to register at: Jon.D.Hubert@gmail.com
How to Help: If you would like to assist, please email Jon
Just a quick note to let you know that open mic night this Thursday has been cancelled.
Also, please check your child's backpack on Tuesday. We will be sending home the June Newsletter tomorrow and there are a lot of important dates and events you will need to be aware of.
Reminder for kindergarten parents: This Thursday (June 2) your child will not attend school so that our new kindergarten students for next year can come to school for the day.
Have a great night.
Dear parent or guardian,
Dairy Farmers of Canada wishes to improve its School Milk Program. We would therefore like to ask you to fill out a brief survey.
By filling out this survey before end of day May 13th you will have an opportunity to enter your child’s school in a draw for a chance to win 1 000$ worth of books, musical instruments, gym or playground equipment and a free milk day.
To start the survey please click on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YVL3NYY
To learn more about the School Milk Program, please visit milkinschool.ca
The School Milk Program team at Dairy Farmers of Canada
Michelle Arseneau Léger RD, M.Sc. / Dt.P., M.Sc.
The Moncton Public Library is holding a Next Step, Kindergarten program and we thought you may want to participate with your new kindergarten child. Here are the details from the library:
Next Step, Kindergarten: Sundays at 2pm from May 22nd to June 19th. A new kindergarten readiness program for children starting kindergarten in September 2016 and their parents. Come for an hour of learning, with stories, games and crafts! Registration begins May 13th.
All the libraries in our region are holding this program prior to June 30th.
For more information, contact the library directly.
Thanks and have a wonderful weekend!
Saturday morning open gym is on for 10 to 11. The cost is $1.00.