Good morning from TRHS:
1. Congratulations to our Varsity Boys Hockey Team for winning the provincial AA title this past weekend. Way to go boys! TRHS hosted the championship tournament at the Civic Center and it was a great weekend of hockey.
We would like to thank the many student, staff, coaches, managers, and especially parent volunteers who contributed to the organization and hospitable atmosphere and welcomed visiting teams to our community. The winner of this season’s Chase the Ace fundraiser was Stirling Hall, who won $3,400!
2. Administration and Guidance met with current grade 10 & 11 students this week to discuss the course selection process for next year. Students have a planning sheet, and we encourage you to discuss course selections and plans after high school with your child. We will be visiting classes next week to answer questions and provide assistance to students and will be taking their course requests next Thursday (grade 11s) and Friday (grade 10s).
The Administration and Guidance Counsellor will be available to meet with any parents to answer questions at our upcoming Parent-Teacher interviews. TRHS teachers will be at Parent-Teacher interviews at Port Elgin Regional School on Wednesday, April 4th, 6:00-7:30pm. Parent-Teacher interviews will take place at TRHS on Thursday, April 12th from 6:00-8:00pm and Friday, April 13th from 1:00-3:00pm.
3. The TRHS Student Council will be holding a student Casino Night tonight at the school, starting at 6:30pm. Cost is $10 and there are some fabulous prizes to be won!
4. The TRHS Breakfast Program runs every morning from 7:45 am-8:15 am--all students are welcome! With the help of staff, students, and wonderful parent/community volunteers, we serve a nutritious breakfast to over 70 students a day.
To help support the funding we receive from the Breakfast Club of Canada, we will be holding a hat day tomorrow, March 29th. We hope everyone will support this wonderful program by purchasing a hat license tomorrow for $2.
5. This is a reminder that there is no school for students this Friday or next Monday, due to the Easter weekend. Happy Easter everyone!