Good afternoon from TRHS:
1. TRHS is holding a clothing drive to collect gently used items for the TRHS Pantry and local area charities. Clothing items can be dropped off at the school tomorrow morning.
2. TRHS has established May as Mental Health month to increase awareness around the importance of good mental health and wellness. The Youth in Action student committee has organized a weekly guest speaker series which kicked off today. Lesley Smyth, founder of the Atlantic Wellness Community Center and more recently Mind Fit, spoke to students about the power of the mind and shared some strategies for feeding positive thinking.
3. During the month of May, each Wednesday, the Snack Shop in Sackville will be helping us with a Dragon Boat fundraiser. Purchase a 16” pizza and a 12” garlic finger for $25 and $5 will be donated to the TRHS Dragon Boat teams.
4. Tomorrow evening, hypnotist Ian Stewart will be at TRHS at 8:00pm. All are welcome! Doors open at 7:30pm. Admission is $5 for students and $7 for adults. Proceeds support the 2018 Dragon Boat charities.
5. There will be no school for students this Friday, May 4th, as staff are participating in professional development activities.
Have a great night!