Anglophone South School District currently has a new school under construction in West Saint John, scheduled to open September 2017. The District Education Council (DEC) established a New School Naming Committee in accordance with EECD Policy 409. The Committee consists of Gerry Mabey, member of the District Education Council; Deborah Thomas, Director of Schools Saint John Education Centre; Cheryl Miles, Education and Early Childhood Development; Jill Roberts RN, member of the community at large.
Those wishing to submit a suggestion for a name for the new school are asked to do so by December 23rd, 2016 at 12 Noon. The Committee will review all submitted names and put forward to the District Education Council three names that best represent the will of the community and the spirit and pride of the new school.
We appreciate your interest and support in the naming of our new school.
Ways to Submit a Name
· Return this form to your school or to Gerry Mabey - DEC member, 490 Woodward Avenue, Saint John N.B. E2K 5N3
Name Selection Process
· After names have been received the committee will provide three recommendations to the District Education Council (DEC).
· The District Education Council (DEC) will forward the recommendations to the Minister of Education and Early Childhood in writing.
· The Minister of Education and Early Childhood will select a name for the new School, from among those submitted.
· A public announcement of the new school name will be made by the Minister of Education and Early Childhood jointly with the District Education Council.