Home & School East Coast Coffee Fundraiser - order forms, with cash payment, need to to be returned to the school no later than Thursday, January 31st.
Pink Shirt Day 2019 - T-shirt orders must be back to the school by February 4th. Shirts will be given to students by February 22nd. Cost - $10 (cash only). February 27th is Pink Shirt Day.
Home & School Meeting - Monday, February 4th - 6pm in The Den. All are welcome!
NB YOUTH ORCHESTRA: FEBRUARY 10
Some members of the New Brunswick Youth Orchestra (NBYO) "grew up" in Sistema, and the hope and wish is that some of GNMES Sistema students will follow in their steps.
The NBYO will be performing at The Playhouse on Sunday, February 10 at 2:00P. This year’s ensemble of 85 inspiring music ambassadors, directed by Maestro Antonio Delgado, ranges in age from 10 to 23 years. Their concert will feature Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 5 and a performance of Wolastoq Fantasia by NB composer Sam Arnold.
NOTE: All Sistema students get FREE tickets for the concert.
ALSO, they are also looking for billeting families to take groups of two NYBO members for February 8 and 9. If you are interested in billeting, contact Sistema teacher, Laura Brockbank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Autism Online Training for Parents
The Autism Learning Partnership Branch of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development is pleased to inform you that the online autism training program, ASD and Behavioural Interventions: An Introduction for School Personnel – Access for Parents/Guardians, will now be available at no cost to all parents and guardians of school-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in New Brunswick. Although ASD and Behavioural Interventions: An Introduction for School Personnel was designed to meet the needs of educational personnel working with children and youth with ASD within the school setting, parents and guardians will also benefit from access to a slightly modified version of this online training program.
Enrolled parents/guardians will have access to online modules pertaining to the basic concepts of ASD, the impact of ASD on learning, as well as the interventions that aim to address the skill deficits associated with ASD. These modules will help parents gain an understanding of the characteristics of ASD and offer them initial training in the evidenced-based interventions being used by school personnel that support learners with ASD. Parents will then be better equipped with the tools to further understand, support and actively participate in their child’s intervention.
Online registration will take place between January 9-31, 2019 and will be done through the Department of Education and Early Childhood website. The course will begin on February 7, 2019. Also note that the next period of online registration for the parents of preschool-aged children is from February 6-18, 2019.
Parents who are interested in enrolling can click on the following link: http://asd-tsa.nbed.nb.ca/. If this is not a convenient time, note that enrollment will be possible at another time in the upcoming year. Updates will be provided through the Department website. If you have any questions, please contact Lynn Gaudet (email@example.com; 506-238-0243).
Thank you for your interest.
Autism Learning Partnership
Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
French Immersion Registration 2018-2019
Registration for French Immersion for the 2019-2020 school year will be done electronically through the following hyperlink to the ASD-W web site: Registration for French Immersion 2019-2020. (The registration form will be available effective January 15, 2019 and will remain open to the end of the school year (June 2019), with scheduled monitoring.) Registrations received by February 28, 2019, will inform planning for formation of classes (as per Provincial Policy 309: French Second Language Programs).
Please be advised that the following information is available on the ASD-W web site www.asd-w.nbed.nb.ca:
· Schedule of ASD-W Presentations to Parents – French Second Language Programs
· French Immersion Registration – Grade 1 and Grade 6 Entry – Link to electronic registration form Registration for French Immersion 2019-2020(available effective January 15, 2019)
Instructions for parents who do not have access to a computer are included on the attached ‘Process’ document.
As part of this email we have attached, for school administrators, the Registration Process for the Grade 1 and Grade 6 Entry Programs.
The following link to the EECD web site may also be helpful to you :
· EECD Website – French Second Language - http://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/education/k12/content/anglophone_sector/fsle.html
Packages of the following information have been prepared for elementary schools:
· Schedule of ASD-W Presentations to Parents (attached)
· Everyone at their best: Learning French as a Second Language Brochure from the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
This information will be forwarded to all Elementary Schools through the school mail the week of January 7th. Both documents are to be sent home with ALL Kindergarten students and ALL Grade 5 students (English Program) from your school regardless of whether French Immersion is offered in your school or not. We encourage you to also post the dates to your school website and/or communicate via voice message/twitter. Further, you may wish to share with your PSSC.
If you have questions, please contact me or a French Second Language Subject Coordinator.
· Amanda Desveaux – (506) 453-8682
· Renée Bourgoin – (506) 357-4019
· Ann Manderson – (506) 357-4181
· Janice Gagnon – (506) 325-4567
French Immersion Registration Process for 2019-2020.pdf
FSL Parent Information Meetings 2019-2020.pdf
North Side Elementary School Night - Saturday, February 9th
New this year
The first 30 elementary students to arrive at the AUC game-night will each receive (for them only):
1) Invite to the post-game team visit
2) UNB REDS scarf
Doors to the game open at 6PM.
Saturday, February 9th vs. Dalhousie Tigers - 7pm at the Aitken Centre
The UNB REDS look forward to hosting your students and staff again this season. This event is a highlight of the year for our student athletes. They very much appreciate the Elementary School night with all the kids and the excitement they bring to the game.
1. Parents are now responsible to pick up their child’s complimentary ticket and purchase their own through the UNB box office. Each student MUST have a game ticket. Each school has been assigned a section by the box office. When parents purchase their tickets, they will just need to mention which school they are from.
2. Parents of students will receive half price admission of $6, which will also be honored on game night this year. Although, parents are encouraged to pick up their tickets by 4pm on Friday, February 8th at the box office. If parents wait until game night they could arrive and find out the game is sold out. We cannot make the half-price ticket available on line as it is only valid for North Side Elementary School parents and the ticketing system is unable to differentiate them from other fans.
3. The Aitken Centre box office is open 11:00am to 4:00pm weekdays for ticket purchases.