General Information: Extra help at lunch has moved to Day 5. That will be Wednesday of next week. Students who may need time to catch up on class projects are asked to come in then to do so. At this point I am advising students who are behind to drop in while I have a club running on Monday at lunch to pick up their work and go to the Peer Helper room to finish it. (6F, 6G, 6H)
I hope to be doing chinese watercolour paintings with each class next week to celebrate the the of the Rooster. They will be on display in the classroom for the month of February and then sent home at the end of the month.
SCHUM (6F, 6G, 6H)
les Actualités (News):
Day 1 & FRIDAY, next week selected students will be presenting news items from around the world.
This is a warm-up with about 4 or 5 students who will give a very brief news item. The must:
1) Speak in French only (all vocabulary they need to express the news must be research beforehand Speak in French only (all vocabulary they need to express the news must be research beforehand
2) Identify the topic, the country and the continent of the news item
3) State 4 or 5 details about the news items
4) Identify the element (s)of culture in which it belongs (technology, beliefs and values, expressions of culture, history, economy, government) - may be more than one
5) The students will show the country of origin on the world map as part of the presentation.
*It must be a significant news item, but can be given in a brief fromat.
I suggest a cue card with key words would be enough to present the news. They will be marked on these little presentations, but they are not big projects, just 1-2 minutes in length is fine.
Class projects: Map, Japan and Interview are coming to an end. We are trying to finish them up and move on. M. Tanaka will be with our classes until the end of January and then he will move on to other classes. The students havelearned a great deal about Japan and are completing a little project about this beautiful counntry with its many cultural treasures.
P.I.F. (6I & 6J)
Finishing class projects and then doing the snowman activity next week we hope! I will be teaching them a "How to build a snowman" craft with procedural directions in French and then we will have hot chocolate and a treat to eat.