Welcome to this application to register your child for Grades 1, 3, or 6 for 2018-19.
Registrations received by January 30, 2018 will inform planning for formation of classes (as per provincial Policy 309).
Grade 1 French Immersion Program (offered where numbers warrant)
· In Grades 1 to 3, 90-100% of instruction will be in French. There will be an emphasis on oral language, followed by learning to read and write in French from the beginning of the program.
· In Grades 4 and 5, 80% of instruction will be in French and there will be 150 minutes per week of English Language Arts.
Please note: when English instruction will begin for early French immersion students is under review at this time.
Grade 3 French Immersion Program (offered where numbers warrant until June 2019)
· In Grades 3 to 5, 80% of instruction is in French.
· In Grade 3, the first 12 weeks are designed to introduce the French language. Math and English Language Arts instruction begin in September. Science, Social Studies and Health instruction begin formally in December in French.
· 150 minutes per week is for English Language Arts instruction.
Grade 6 Late Immersion (offered where numbers warrant)
· In Grades 6 to 8, 70% of instruction is in French.
· English Language Arts is scheduled as part of the program.
For more information please see the video, contact your local school, or the Subject Coordinator for French Second Language Programs in your area.
Please note: No child can be admitted to a French Immersion Program if that child has attended a French School and/or is already able to function in French.