Rotary is the world’s first and oldest service club. Every year, each of Rotary’s 33,000 clubs around the world engages in projects that improve health, literacy and education among the globe’s disadvantaged peoples.
Over the last three years, the Rotary Clubs of Saint John, Rothesay-Kings, Sussex and Hampton have worked as a group and successfully filled 40-foot shipping containers with donations of footwear, bicycles, and medical supplies, which are shipped to the Dominican Republic and distributed among the villages of the poor Haitian migrant sugarcane plantation workers living there.
On Saturday September 17, Rotary Club members invite you to drop off:
- used bicycles (in working order);
- gently-used footwear (each shoe of the pair securely attached; high heels are of little use) ;
- simple medical supplies (non-prescription medications, vitamins, pain relievers, plasters);
- hearing aids, hearing aid batteries, eye glasses;
- wheel chair repair parts, pads.
Sending a shipping container is expensive, so we will gratefully accept cash donations to help defray those costs.
Drop off day, times and locations:
Hampton Town Square Pavilion. Saturday, September 17, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
Ritchie’s Building & Flooring, 715 Rothesay Ave., Saint John. Saturday, Sept 17, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Sussex is at the Shoppers Drug Mart (Back Parking Lot) Saturday the 17th from 10am-2pm
Thank you for supporting the work of your Rotary Club.