Today we launched the first phase of the rollout for our newly redesigned website. The 300 plus survey responses we received earlier in the new year, provided the vision for this redesign.
Features of the first phase include:
- clean and responsive web design for viewing on a range of devices including mobile
- launch of key pages as determined by stakeholders in survey results including Schools, News, Calendars, Employment and Contact.
- some of the new and reworked features include:
- on the Home page:
- prominently displayed bus and school delays/cancelations
- quick link buttons to Bus, News, Calendar and Frequently Asked Questions areas of the site
- 4 featured news or information articles from the blog
- on the Contact page:
- send email directly from site with new contact form
- embedded map showing main office location
- on all pages:
- integration of social sharing tools on every page and in the blog
- latest tweets from official ASDS Twitter account on the bottom of every page
- quick contact information at the top and bottom of every page including email
- headlines of the 5 most recent news articles published on the blog featured on bottom of every page
- highlight of the next 5 events from the calendar featured on the bottom of every page
- contact link for webmaster on bottom of every page
The second phase will include more features and pages to be released in the next few weeks. Keep an eye on the News blog and Twitter for details.
Again, we thank you for the patience shown during this process.
Image Credit: Andre Chinn via Flicker Creative Commons