Credit Counselling Services Scholarship
Credit Counselling Services of Atlantic Canada, Inc. (CCSAC) is holding a scholarship competition open to residents of Atlantic Canada (regardless of age) who will be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications are accepted in both French and English. There are 10 scholarships available.
1. The applicant must intend to enroll in an accredited institution for the 2020-2021 academic year. The winning applicants will be required to provide proof of acceptance (Spring 2020) and enrollment (Winter 2021).
2. The submission must be 500 words and the research must include interviews with individuals that can give insight for your submission. The submission must be the applicant’s original work.
3. The applicant’s name, address, location or other identifying information MUST NOT be included in the submission. Identifying information should only appear on the application entry form.
4. Identifying information on those who are interviewed MUST NOT be included in the submission. In your submission include the title of the person you spoke with (e.g. your teacher, your banker) and the area of advice that they gave you. Do not include their name or information that will indicate geographic region. Identifying information must only appear on the application entry form.
5. Submissions can be made by email or mail only. Submissions by email must be sent to email@example.com and received no later than 5:00pm AST on April 17, 2020. Submissions sent via mail must be postmarked, regular delivery, no later than April 17, 2020.
6. Previous recipients of the CCSAC Scholarship, employees and board members of CCSAC and their families are not eligible for this contest.
See attached for more details: 2020 poster.pdf 2020-21 scholarship application_.pdf
NBCC Scholarship Opportunities
The New Brunswick Public Colleges Entrance Scholarship is available for this academic year 2020-2021 for students who would like to attend the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB), the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design (NBCCD) and the New Brunswick Community College (NBCC). 2020 graduating students can now apply by completing the fillable Scholarship Application Form. They have to submit their application (paper format) to your high school Guidance Office by May 27 for review.
Leader of the Pack Scholarship
Again this year, GTI Broker Group is pleased to offer a $2,000.00 scholarship to a full time student, including freshmen, pursuing any course of study, at a University, College, or School of Higher Learning who is a current resident of NB, NS or NFLD.
GTI Broker Group’s Leader of the Pack Scholarship program recognizes the contribution of our community builders of tomorrow. The growth of GoToInsure.ca in the Atlantic Region exemplifies the achievements of people working together in their own communities. We hope to encourage those qualities of good citizenship and co-operation through this scholarship program.
Please find attached our scholarship information and application(print version and interactive version). As in previous years, the deadline is June 30th. 2020_LeaderOfThePack_Print.pdf
Student Loan Presentation - RESCHEDULED
Attention all grads and grad families: There will be a presentation from PETL about applying for student loans in order to pursue post-secondary education on April 8th from 10:50-11:55 in room 221 at the school. Grade 12s, their families and any interested community members are invited to attend. Hope to see you there!
The Joyce Foundation Access Bursary
Through the generosity of Ronald V. Joyce, the University of New Brunswick has established The Joyce Foundation Access Bursaries. The Joyce Foundation is proud to annually fund high school entrance bursaries valued at $20,000 ($5,000 renewable per year for up to 4 years). This support will assist young Atlantic Canadians (preference to New Brunswick residents) achieve their academic goals. One candidate per school will be chosen.
Following is the bursary criteria:
• Bursaries will be awarded based on financial need and personal circumstances;
• Students must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program of study at UNB;
• Renewal is based on maintaining good academic standing (minimum assessment year GPA of 2.0);
• Recipient must commit to work with at least one mentor in an extracurricular activity throughout their program of study;
• Bursaries awarded are to be applied against tuition and ancillary fees.
See the attached bursary application and submit to guidance By March 31st.
Summer Camps for Children Ages 8-15
Cedar Brook is a forest school that is situated on Woodstock Road near Fredericton city limits. They have over 100 acres of forest which we use to teach land-based education to our students. Being outside is so much fun and amazing for children, which is why we are looking to offer a variety of summer camps to children between ages 8-15. See attached psoters for more information! Cedar Brook Camps 1.pdf Cedar Brook Camps 2.pdf
Have you always wanted to Study Abroad?
Four New Brunswick students, between 15 and 18 years of age, entering
Grade 10, 11 or 12 in September 2020, will be selected for this “study
abroad” experience. They will learn a new language, experience a new
culture, and know what it means to become a global citizen.
The scholarship will include:
Return airfare to your host destination
All costs related to school attendance in Germany
Homestay accommodations with a local host family
Intensive German language learning camp
Modest spending money allowance
To apply now, visit us online at AEI-INC.CA
Application deadline: February 28, 2020
CUPE Local 2745 Scholarship
One schoalrship recipient per region valued at $1000
each are available annually for full time
attendance at a Post-Secondary Institution,
University or Community College. Those eligible are:
1. Union members in good standing with CUPE Local
2. Sons, daughters or legal wards of members in
good standing of CUPE Local 2745
Documentation may be requested
Basis of awards: Consideration will be given to
reflection paper, marks, financial need and aptitude.
Applications must be completed on the current
form and must be post marked on or before April
st, 2020. Scholarship Form CUPE 2745 2020.pdf
Mary Majka Scholarship
The Mary Majka Scholarship Fund was established with the intent to further youth engagement with nature and our natural heritage. This scholarship is open to New Brunswick students from middle school to those attending an undergraduate program. Awards will be granted on a yearly basis ranging from $250 to $1000. Deadline is March 31st.
Three types of scholarships are available:
1. High School graduate, upon entering an appropriate post-secondary education program
2. Post-secondary student who is already enrolled in an appropriate field of study; or
3. Any student at middle or high school for a project that is deemed appropriate according to the original mandate of the scholarship fund.
More information (and application form) is available on our website:
2020 Stacey Levitt Memorial Award
The Stacey Levitt Memorial Award was created in memory and celebration of Stacey’s life by her family through Parachute. This annual high school student award encourages Canadian youth to embody Stacey’s qualities and ideals and Parachute’s overarching goal of a long life lived to the fullest, while maintaining an approach that is rooted in risk management and injury prevention. The Levitt family awards each year's selected recipient $2,500 in funding to help them live their life to the fullest. Deadline is Feb 28, 2020. For further details please follow the link above or forward to interested schools in your district.
The New Brunswick Arts Board’s Arts Scholarships Program
Please see attached a poster for The New Brunswick Arts Board’s Arts Scholarships program, to be shared with students who are considering pursuing a post-secondary education in the arts. Funding is available for both full-time and part-time studies in: architecture, visual arts, fine craft, dance, literary arts, literary translation, media arts, classical and non-classical music and theatre. For in‑depth information on the program, along with our online application system, visit our website at https://artsnb.ca/web/programs/arts-scholarships/. The deadline for the program is February 1st, 2019. Scholarship_PGM_poster_final_ENG_updated Jan 2020.pdf