Skills Canada Competitions
Students looking to be involved in Skills Canada competitions should see the following teachers for specific contests:
Mr. Kelemen-E25 Automotive
Mr. Carson TV/Video production
Ms. Hatheway- Culinary Lab D120 (Bakery)
Mr. Wright E108 -Electrical
Mrs. Cameron and Ms. Saunders - Fashion Design
Mr. Hanscomb D25 Culinary/ Welding/Public Speaking
Mr. Tapley E8 - Framing (Construction/
Mrs. MacDonald- E132 Workplace Safety
COURSE SELECTION PRESENTATIONS
FHS COURSE SELECTION INFORMATION
· Thursday, February 23rd PERIOD 3: ALL Grade 9 Course Selection Presentation in the TMT. This will only take about 20 mins (they have 2 choices). Please stay with your class so that you can take them back after the presentation. Grade 9 Homeroom teachers will get elective sheets for Grade 10 in their mailboxes by Thursday morning.
- Monday, February 27th: All GRADE 10 ENGLISH classes will get the course selection presentation in their English class. A counsellor will be assigned to each class taught that day.
- Tuesday, February 28th: All* Grade 11 ENGLISH classes (111 & 112) will get the course selection presentation in their English class. A counsellor will be assigned to each class taught that day.
- Wednesday, March 1st: English 113 (period 2 & 4) will get the course selection presentation in their English class. A counsellor will be assigned to each class taught that day.
**Parent Session for Course Selection: Tuesday, February 28th at 6pm in the TMT. Recruiters from NBCC, STU, and UNB will be there to answer questions after the session about post-secondary requirements. **
- Refresher session offered at lunch on Wednesday, March 15th for students in TMT. Students that missed the classroom session due to absence are urged to attend. This is open to all students however, as some may want to hear the information again.
- Guidance always has two counsellors on duty at noon for students to stop in with questions, or they can book an appointment through Harmony (who is here from 8:10am until 11:10am each day).
Important Information about Grad Fees
Grad Fees are now due. They are $120. Please give your money to your homeroom teacher before the end of Feb. The Cap and Gown order will be submitted in March. If for some reason you do not graduate you will receive a refund of $60 in June, by cheque, made payable to your parent.
Important Notice for All Graduates
-Grad fee is $120. Here are just a few of
the things that the fee covers:
- shipping the Caps and Gowns from Winnipeg
-renting the Caps and Gowns to you
-rental of the Aitken Center
-rental of all AV equipment
-other costs associated with graduation
You can bring your fee to your homeroom
teacher at any time. Deadline for
ordering the Cap and Gown is March 31, 2017.
If you pay your grad fee and you do not graduate you will get a
refund of $60. Please see Mrs. Wright
for your refund. The remaining $60 is
used to cover our present costs and cannot be applied to next year’s